- Databases, e-books, e-journals
- Using the library
- Federated Search Portal
- Borrowing items
- Requesting and renewal
- Reading rooms
- Austrian Reading Room
- Cartography and Geography Reading Room
- European Union Information Centre
- Fine Arts Reading Room
- General Reading Room
- German Reading Room
- Humanities Reading Room
- Information Sciences Reading Room
- Law and International Organisations Reading Room
- Rare Books and Archives Reading Room
- Music Reading Room
- Social Sciences Reading Room
- Swiss Reading Room
- Theatre and Film Reference Room
- Study Rooms
- Subject Guides
- Lists of new literature
Swiss Reading Room
is located on the 7th floor of the Library
Reference librarian: tel 630 7360, e-mail deutsch at nlib dot ee
- The Swiss Reading Room gathers and disseminates information on the life and culture of Switzerland mainly in the German language; however, publications in French, Italian, English and Rhaeto-Romanic are also to be found.
- We respond to enquiries in the Reading Room, by phone, e-mail, and post.
- In our Reading Room readers may watch films, listen to music and audio-books and there are places for language study and the use of laptops.
- The Reading Room receives regularly several journals.
- Home lending
The collections of the Reading Room comprise more than 3 000 items: books, video films, DVDs, CDs, CD-ROMs, audio books, and cassettes. The collection includes reference publications and a wide range of Swiss classical and modern fiction.
History, film, philosophy, linguistics, language study, literary science, culture, arts, natural sciences, country study, economy, music, banking, pedagogics, politics, psychology, religion, social sciences, theatre, tourism, law
The Swiss Reading Room was opened at the National Library of Estonia in 1997 in collaboration with the Cultural Foundation Pro Helvetia and the Embassy of Switzerland in Helsinki
Main cooperation partners