- Using the library
- Federated Search Portal
- Borrowing items
- Requesting and renewal
- Reading rooms
- Austrian Reading Room
- Cartography and Geography Reading Room
- European Union Information Centre
- Fine Arts Reading Room
- General Reading Room
- German Reading Room
- Humanities Reading Room
- Information Sciences Reading Room
- Law and International Organisations Reading Room
- Rare Books and Archives Reading Room
- Music Reading Room
- Social Sciences Reading Room
- Swiss Reading Room
- Theatre and Film Reference Room
- Subject Guides
- Lists of new literature
Swiss Reading Room
is located on the 7th floor of the Library
Head: Leili Naan, tel 630 7360, e-mail leili dot naan at nlib dot ee
Reference librarian: Mari Eerme, tel 630 7404, e-mail shveits at nlib dot ee
Project manager: Maarika Paun, tel 630 7360, e-mail deutsch at nlib dot ee
- The Swiss Reading Room gathers and disseminates information on the life and culture of Switzerland mainly in the German language; however, publications in French, Italian, English and Rhaeto-Romanic are also to be found.
- We respond to enquiries in the Reading Romm, by phone, e-mail, and post.
- In collaboration with our partners we organise seminars, academic and cultural evenings, exhibitions, theatre, literature and film evenings.
- We introduce the Library and our Reading Room to students and schools, and, if requested, provide a thematic lesson.
- In our Reading Room readers may watch films, listen to music and audio-books and there are places for language study and the use of laptops.
- Home lending of items
The collections of the Reading Room comprise more than 3 000 items: books, video films, DVDs, CDs, CD-ROMs, audio books, and cassettes.
History, film, philosophy, linguistics, language study, literary science, culture, arts, natural sciences, country study, economy, music, banking, pedagogics, politics, psychology, religion, social sciences, theatre, tourism, law
The collection includes reference publications and a wide range of Swiss classical and modern fiction. The Reading Room regularly receives 11 journals; in addition readers may use an online database of the new edition of the literary lexicon Kindlers Literatur Lexicon.
The Swiss Reading Room was opened at the National Library of Estonia in 1997 in collaboration with the Cultural Foundation Pro Helvetia and the Embassy of Switzerland in Helsinki
Main cooperation partners
The cooperation partners complement the collections with new literature and provide support in arranging language study and cultural events.
The Book Return Box