Information and bibliography services
We answer your questions during the opening times of the Library within 24 hours at the latest if you wish to specify facts and data or need help in finding literature.
See also: Subject Gateway
More sophisticated and labour-intensive enquires, the compilation of different indexes, registers, reviews, etc are priced services, including:
- selective dissemination of information (regular delivery of information in the requested field of interest)
- compilation of bibliographic indexes, cumulative tables of content and registers
- consultations on old books, identification of the cultural value of books and the attribution of defective publications.
To reserve items from the stacks, the online catalogue ESTER, tel 630 7400, e-mail tellimispunkt at nlib dot ee or a request form may be used. Home lending includes books, serials and printed music beginning from 1946 year of publication; in addition, the items from the International Reading Rooms and the Information Sciences Reading Room. The due date may be renewed by phone 630 7400, e-mail tellimispunkt at nlib dot ee or using a request form.
The group rooms and the lounge area for readers are located by the Central Circulation Desk on the 5th floor. The group rooms provide sitting for 12 persons and offer an opportunity for discussions. The use of group rooms is free of charge and no pre-registration is required. Readers may take publications with them to the group rooms, use wireless Internet and the paid snack and drink vending machines.
Invited are the current and future readers of the National Library. User instruction provides knowledge and skills necessary for the search and use of information.
Books and articles missing from the National Library may be requested from other libraries in Estonia and foreign libraries.
Requests for copying publications from the collections and archives of the National Library of Estonia may be submitted electronically or at the Central Circulation Desk. The reading rooms are self-service scanning and copying machines that enable to print from laptop or home PC via the cloud-printing servce www.pilveprint.ee. Copies can be also made at the Copy Desk on the 5th floor while waiting.
Use of private working rooms and a piano room.
- Hiring a working room (Reference Reading Room tel 630 7400, e-mail tellimispunkt at nlib dot ee)
- Hiring the piano room (Music Reading Room, tel 630 7141, e-mail muusika at nlib dot ee)