- Using the library
- Federated Search Portal
- Borrowing items
- Requesting and renewal
- Reading rooms
- Subject Guides
- Cartography and geography
- Ethnology and folkloristics
- European Union
- Information sciences
- International organisations
- Literary science
- Political sciences
- Theatre and film
- Lists of new literature
INFORMATION ON MUSIC
How to find music literature, printed music and audio-visuals
The open access collection of music literature, printed music and audio-visuals is located in the Music Reading Room on the 8th floor.
- Online catalogue ESTER - a joint catalogue of the ELNET Consortium member libraries that contains information on Estonian and foreign-language books, periodical publications, printed music and audio-visuals.
- National bibliography database ERB – contains information on publications issued in Estonia and in the Estonian language. The database provides also access to Estonian audio-visuals that were produced after 1945 and Estonian printed music publications since 1918.
- Card catalogues – the catalogues in the Music Reading Room will help you locate printed music and audio-visuals that were acquired by the Library before 1999
- New additions of music collection – a list on the homepage of the National Library compiled on the basis of music literature, printed music and audio-visuals acquired by the Library during the last month
How to find articles issued in the Estonian press
- Database of Estonian articles ISE – a bibliographic database on the basis of newspapers, journals, collections of articles, and continuing publications issued in Estonia. Of foreign publications, articles about Estonia and by Estonian authors are available. Articles on music can be searched across the entire database or in the subject database ISE kunst, muusika, teater, film. The database contains links to full texts. It can also include articles and short messages on Estonian music, musicians and music events as well as record presentations which were issued in the foreign press and acquired by the National Library.
- Music-related articles issued in the Estonian press in 1971-1997 are recorded in the card catalogue of the Music Reading Room.
- Pre-1940 music articles published in the Estonian press can be searched in the universal card catalogue of articles located in the Reference Reading Room.
Where else to find information on music
- Search portal of the National Library enables you to search in one or simultaneously several databases in a uniform environment. Contains library catalogues, databases of articles, and other selected websites. Electronic journals are also available.
- Grove Music Online (Oxford University Press) – contains reference publications The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, The New Grove Dictionary of Opera and The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz – articles, biographies and musical examples.
- International Index to the Music Periodicals (IIMP Full Text) – contains over 460 music journals that are indexed and partially available as full texts (Guitar Player, Rolling Stone, Early Music, Perspectives of New Music, Psychology of Music, Fanfare - The Magazine for Serious Record Collectors, Music & Letters ,The Opera Quarterly, etc.). Includes also music articles from newspapers The New York Times and The Washington Post. Retrospectively can be found articles since 1874.
- Subject Gateway - Music–- a systematised and indexed search system on the homepage of the National Library that enables users to find humanities and social sciences, inc music, websites, databases, free-access journals, reference publications, etc.
The Book Return Box