- Databases, e-books, e-journals
- Using the library
- Federated Search Portal
- Borrowing items
- Requesting and renewal
- Computers. Internet. Wifi
- Reading rooms
- Study Rooms
- Subject Guides
- Cartography and geography
- Ethnology and folkloristics
- European Union
- Information sciences
- International organisations
- Literary science
- Political sciences
- Theatre and film
- Lists of new literature
Information on literary science
The open access collection of publications on literary science and fiction is located in the Humanities Reading Room on the 7th floor.
How to find literature
List of new books in the humanities – a list on the homepage of the National Library provides information on recent additions in the fields of the humanities, including literary science and fiction, acquired by the Library during one month. Published ten times a year.
How to find articled published in the Estonian press
Database of Estonian articles ISE – a bibliographic database of the newspapers, journals, collections of articles, and serials published in Estonia. Of foreign publications, articles about Estonia and by Estonian authors are available. Articles on literary science can be searched across the entire database or in the subject database ISE keel ja kirjandus. The database contains also links to full texts.
Information on articles and fiction issued during previous years can be found in the card catalogues in the Humanities Reading Room on the 7th floor and the following bibliographic publications:
- Literary science articles and fiction published in the Estonian press in 1945 - 1998. The card catalogue.
- Ilukirjandus, kirjandusteadus ja rahvaluule (Fiction, literary science and folklore) 1940-1990. Annual bibliographies.
- Artiklite ja Retsensioonide Kroonika (The chronicle of articles and book reviews)
- Eesti Rahvusbibliograafia. Artiklid (Estonian national bibliography). Articles.
- Bibliographia Studiorum Uralicorum, 1917-1987. Philology, literary studies, literary criticism.
- Eesti kirjandus võõrkeeltes (Estonian literature in foreign languages) [1778-1977], 1978-1984. Bibliography.
- Bibliographies of Estonian literature translations into Russian and other languages of the former Soviet Union), 1940-1990.
- Eesti kirjanike personaalbibliograafiad (Personal bibliographies of Estonian writers).
- Eesti tõlkekirjanduse bibliograafiad (Bibliographies of Estonian translations), 1940-1990.
- Cumulative lists of contents of the journals Looming, Eesti Kirjandus, Keel ja Kirjandus, Tulimuld and Mana.
Articles published before 1944 and Estonica articles may be found in the name and thematic card files located in the Reference Reading Room on the 5th floor.
How to find foreign-language academic publications and articles
Search portal of the National Library enables you to search in one or simultaneously several databases in a uniform environment. Contains library catalogues, databases of articles, and other selected websites. The databases containing information on literary science are indicated separately. It is possible to find and use all electronic journals accessible via the licensed databases of the National Library and other free-access journals. Users may create on the portal personal information or research environments.
- E-journals – a foreign-language e-journals alphabetical and subject catalogue which can be browsed also outside the National Library web; however, the journals are available only from the Library computers, unless free access is provided on the Internet.
- Literature Resource Centre - an English-language full text database on world literature. Contains bibliographic reference publications, full texts of scholarly articles and essays from professional journals, bibliographies, reviews, abstracts and summaries, critical reviews, portraits, etc. Search by author, title, keywords, literary- historical chronology, genre, subject, etc.
- Language and Literature (JSTOR) – contains full texts of journals of linguistic and literary science since the beginning of their publication.
- Arts and Sciences Collection II (JSTOR) - in addition, includes journals of classical philology.
- MLA International Bibliography Online – linguistic and literary bibliographic database that contains references on journals and book series and book publishers since the 1920s. Compiled by the Modern Language Association.
Where else to find information on literary science and fiction
Information on literature is also offered by the Estonian Literary Museum, Estonian Literature Information Centre, Estonian Children’s Information Centre, Estonian Writers’ Union, and Estonian Literary Society.