- Databases, e-books, e-journals
- Using the library
- Federated Search Portal
- Borrowing items
- Requesting and renewal
- Reading rooms
- Study Rooms
- Subject Guides
- Cartography and geography
- Ethnology and folkloristics
- European Union
- Information sciences
- International organisations
- Literary science
- Political sciences
- Theatre and film
- Lists of new literature
Information on linguistics
The open access collection of publications on linguistics is located in the Humanities Reading Room on the 7th floor.
How to find literature
Online catalogue ESTER - a joint catalogue of the ELNET Consortium member libraries that contains information on Estonian and foreign-language books and periodical publications.
List of new books in the humanities – a list on the homepage of the National Library provides information on recent additions in the fields of the humanities, including linquistics, acquired by the Library during one month. Published ten times a year.
How to find articled published in the Estonian press
Database of Estonian articles ISE – a bibliographic database of the newspapers, journals, collections of articles, and serials published in Estonia. Of foreign publications, articles about Estonia and by Estonian authors are available. Articles on linguistics can be searched across the entire database or in the subject database ISE keel ja kirjandus. The database contains also links to full texts.
Information on articles issued during previous years can be found in the card catalogues and the following bibliographic publications:
- Artiklite ja retsensioonide kroonika. (Chronicle of Articles and Reviews)
- Eesti rahvusbibliograafia. Artiklid. (Estonian National Bibliography. Articles)
- Bibliographia Studiorum Uralicorum 1917-1987. 3, Kielitiede = Linguistics. Helsinki : SKS, 1991.
- Bibliographia Studiorum Uralicorum 1917-1987. 3., Языкознание Linguistics = Helsinki : Helsinki University Library : Finnish Literature Society, 1994.
- Database Urbis on the homepage of the Tartu University Library. The years 1988-2000. Continuation of the publication “Bibliographia Studiorum Uralicorum”.
- Bibliographia Uralica : soome-ugri ja samojeedi keeleteadus Nõukogude Liidus 1918-1962. (Bibliographia Uralica: Finno-Ugric-Samoyedic linguistics in the Soviet Union 1918-1962) For the years 1962-1984 the annual bibliographies of linguistics are issued.
- Cumulative lists of contents of the journal Keel ja Kirjandus.
- In the Reference Reading Room on the 5th floor are located card catalogues that assemble data on pre-1944 articles those issued in 1952-1991.
Where else to find information on linguistics
Search portal of the National Library enables you to search in one or simultaneously several databases in a uniform environment. Contains library catalogues, databases of articles, and other selected websites. The databases containing information on linguistics are indicated separately. It is possible to find and use all electronic journals accessible via the licensed databases of the National Library and other free-access journals. Users may create on the portal personal information or research environments.
- E-journals – a foreign-language e-journals alphabetical and subject catalogue which can be browsed also outside the National Library web; however, the journals are available only from the Library computers, unless free access is provided on the Internet.
- Language and Literature (JSTOR) contains full texts of linguistic and literary science journals
- MLA International Bibliography Online (EbscoHost) – linguistic and literary bibliographic database that contains references on journals and book series and book publishers since the 1920s. Compiled by the Modern Language Association.
- Keelevara (Language resource) – contains different Estonian language dictionaries, translation dictionaries in Estonian and major languages, dictionaries of terms, etc. Free usage in the reader computers of the National Library.
- Subject Gateway – linguistics - a systematised and indexed search system compiled in the National Library that enables users to find also databases related to linguistics, texts and free-access journals, a selection of library catalogues and portals created elsewhere.