Interlibrary loan (ILL) for libraries
Tel 630 7410; fax 630 7401; e-mail illrk at nlib dot ee
The Interlibrary Loan (ILL) enables other libraries to request necessary literature for their readers from the National Library of Estonia.
Request form for items
- The Library supplies books and sheet music.
- The Library does not supply legal deposit copies (marked with S in the online catalogue), items from the archival collection, the rare books collection and the art collection, reference publications, periodicals, audio-visuals, geographical maps are archival documents.
- Before submitting your request, please check the availability of the item in the online catalogue ESTER.
- Items are sent to the requesting library by registered mail and the National Library of Estonia pays delivery costs.
- Items borrowed via the ILL must be returned by registered mail and their delivery costs must be paid (prices for domestic and international maxi letters in EUROs).
- The loan period of the item is between 2-4 weeks; libraries are obliged to respect the time limit.
- Libraries may request copies of articles issued in print publications and available in the licensed databases.
- Before submitting your request, make sure if the requested e-journals are available in our Library: e-journals
- If you do not know all the details necessary for requesting the article, please submit your inquiry and order to a reference librarian who will check the availability of the article in the databases or will specify the details.
- Depending on the agreement conditions, it is possible to request copies (printouts) from the articles in the licensed databases. If online delivery of the copy is permitted, it will be sent free to the e-mail address of the customer.
- Invoices for the service will be sent to libraries once or twice a year.
See also: copying price list
On August 20th the Library and the exhibition of Tutankhamun treasures are closed
The Book Return Box