The opening of the forum
11.00-13.00 Big Conference Hall
- Mrs Ingrid Rüütel greetings
- Tiiu Valm greetings
- Mart Laar. What shall we do with a book?
- Toomas Paul. The fourfold meaning of the Bible
- Jan Kaus. How to move in the library of Babel?
Seminar LITERATURE AND BOOKS
14.00 – 17.30 The Large Conference Hall
Moderator Marek Tamm
- Juhan Habicht. From the web into a book: the example of Algernon
- Rein Põder. Literature and publishing
- Peeter Laurits. Labyrinthine reading
- Lars Saabye Christensen (Norway). Memory and imagination
- Anneli Saro. Written and spoken
- Vesa Tapio Valo (Finland). On the razor´s edge: spoken and written word in the theatre literature
Seminar LITERATURE AND LIBRARIES
14.00 – 17.30 The Small Conference Hall
Moderator Maire Liivamets
- Ainiki Väljataga. Who is Nora Roberts?
- Babro Wigell-Ryynänen (Finland). Do androids dream of electric sheep?
- Krista Kumberg. Library – a mausoleum or a garden?
- Asko Tamme. Some aspects of applying the library law No 3
- Valle-Sten Maiste. Books and libraries – are they valuable as a matter of course and because of their format?
- Maire Liivamets. Librarian faces Estonian literature
Seminar LITERATURE AND MEDIA
12.00 – 15.30 The Small Conference Hall
Moderator Jan Kaus
- Tõnu Õnnepalu. Small literature in big writing
- Piret Viires. Cyber literature and fanfiction
- Berk Vaher. ID of literature: stories from lists
- Karl Martin Sinijärv. On the edibility of literature
- Jürgen Rooste. Is it possible at all?
- Minna Joenniemi (Finland). Poetry goes television
Seminar LITERATURE AND YOUNG PEOPLE
12.00 – 15.30 The Theatre Hall
Moderator Leelo Tungal
- Anne Rande. Let all that is good be there!
- Aidi Vallik. Literature lessons as a means of directing young people’s reading
- Priit Kruus. The young Estonian literature of the 21st century: the web, books and Värske Rõhk
- Reet Krusten. Adaptation in children’s literature – how?
- Malle Reidolv. In defence of (reading primer) literature
- Mati Lepp (Sweden). Green and white
- Ulf Stark (Sweden). I read and read… and then I wrote
Seminar LITERATURE AND NATIONAL STATE
12.00 – 15.30 The Corner Hall
Moderator Paul-Eerik Rummo
- Raivo Palmaru. Literature in the world of images
- Pekka Mäkelä (Finland). Does the state need literature?
- Martin Næs (Faroe Islands). On the Faroese literature in literary-sociological context
- Rein Raud. Language as a prison and a gate
- Märt Väljataga. One language, one state, one literature?
- Kivisildnik. Dawn and Twilight or a writer and Money
The closing of the Forum
16.00 – 17.00 The Large Conference Hall
- Kalli Klement a speech
- Raivo Palmaru a speech
- Martin Næs (Faroe Islands) a speech
- Viivi Luik. The unpredictability of a human being