- Databases, e-books, e-journals
- Using the library
- Federated Search Portal
- Borrowing items
- Requesting and renewal
- Computers. Internet. Wifi
- Reading rooms
- Austrian Reading Room
- Cartography and Geography Reading Room
- European Union Information Centre
- Fine Arts Reading Room
- General Reading Room
- German Reading Room
- Humanities Reading Room
- Law and International Organisations Reading Room
- Rare Books and Archives Reading Room
- Music Reading Room
- Social Sciences Reading Room
- Swiss Reading Room
- Theatre and Film Reference Room
- Study Rooms
- Subject Guides
- Lists of new literature
German Reading Room
is located on the 7th floor of the Library
Reference librarian: tel 630 7360, e-mail deutsch at nlib dot ee
The reference librarian is in the German Reading Room on Mondays 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. and on Thursdays 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.; at other times, please contact the General Reading Room. In June, July and August, please contact the General Reading Room.
- The German Reading Room gathers and disseminates information on Germany, the German language, and culture.
- We respond to enquiries in the Reading Room, by phone, e-mail, and post.
- In our Reading Room readers may watch films, listen to music and audio-books and there are places for language study and the use of laptops.
- The Reading Room receives regularly several journals.
- Home lending
The collections of the Reading Room comprise more than 7 000 items: books, video films, DVDs, CDs, CD-ROMs, audio books, and cassettes.
Main subject fields
- Language study
- History and social sciences
The German Reading Room was opened in collaboration with the Embassy of Germany and the Goethe Instutute on 22 January 1996.
Main cooperation partners
eLibrary of the Goethe-Institut
Portal of German towns
Foreign Ministry of Germany
Portal of Germany
Studying at the Universities of Germany
Portal of Higher Education
Information Portal of Bachelor’s Studies
Information Portal of Master’s Studies
Studies on the Internet