- Databases, e-books, e-journals
- Using the library
- Federated Search Portal
- Borrowing items
- Requesting and renewal
- Computers. Internet. Wifi
- Reading rooms
- Austrian Reading Room
- Cartography and Geography Reading Room
- European Union Information Centre
- Fine Arts Reading Room
- General Reading Room
- German Reading Room
- Humanities Reading Room
- Law and International Organisations Reading Room
- Rare Books and Archives Reading Room
- Music Reading Room
- Social Sciences Reading Room
- Swiss Reading Room
- Theatre and Film Reference Room
- Study Rooms
- Subject Guides
- Lists of new literature
Austrian Reading Room
is located on the 7th floor of the Library
Reference librarian: tel 630 7360, e-mail deutsch at nlib dot ee
- The Austrian Reading Room gathers and disseminates information on the life and culture of Austria.
- We respond to enquiries in the Reading Room, by phone, e-mail, and post.
- In our Reading Room readers may watch films, listen to music and audio-books and there are places for language study and the use of laptops.
- The Reading Room receives regularly several journals.
- Home lending
The collections of the Reading Room hold more than 5 000 items: books, video films, DVDs, CDs, CD-ROMs, audio books, and cassettes. The collection includes reference publications and a wide range of Austrian classical and modern fiction.
History, film, philosophy, linguistics, language study, literary science, culture, arts, natural sciences, country study, economy, music, pedagogics, politics, psychology, religion, social sciences, theatre, tourism
The Austrian Reading Room was opened on the initiative of the professor of the Salzburg University, Dr Henn-Jüri Uibopuu, on Toompea on 25 February 1991. The updated Reading Room was opened in the new building of the National Library in 1994, as a result of collaboration between the Embassy of Austria in Helsinki and the National Library of Estonia.
Main cooperation partners